I don’t know about you, but sometimes I get stuck in a vegetable rut. You know- you buy the same vegetables every week and inevitably prepare them the exact same way. Even for a vegetable lover like me that same old routine gets boring after a while.
Last week I was doing my grocery shopping and saw that the cauliflower looked fresh. I picked one up not knowing what I was going to do with it once I got it home. A few days later this beautiful, untouched head of cauliflower was staring at me in the refrigerator. There’s nothing I hate more than wasting food. I knew I had to come up with something pronto before my beautiful cauliflower was no longer beautiful.
It just so happened that same night I was serving salmon with chimichurri sauce for dinner. What goes better with fish than lemon, right? That’s when it hit me… season the cauliflower with lemon pepper seasoning and roast it. To my delight, it was a hit. Everyone in my family, (including my picky 7 year old) gobbled it right up. He even asked for more. My husband who isn’t typically a cauliflower lover even loved it. Now that’s saying something!
Make this simple lemon pepper-roasted cauliflower to change up your vegetable routine. Trust me, you’ll thank me for it!
Lemon Pepper Roasted Cauliflower
Author: Allison Robertson
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 small head cauliflower, or ½ large
- 2 TBS ghee (clarified butter), melted
- ½ TBS lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 medium lemon, zest and juice
- Preheat the 400 degrees F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite size florets. Place them in a Ziploc bag or bowl.
- Melt the ghee in a sauce pan or microwave. Pour over the cauliflower and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle the lemon pepper seasoning and salt over the cauliflower.
- Close the bag and shake to coat the cauliflower with the ghee and seasonings or toss around in the bowl if using.
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven for 20 minutes or until it’s tender.
- Once the cauliflower is roasted, zest a lemon over the florets. Then squeeze the juice of ½ the lemon over the cauliflower.
- Organic ingredients recommended