Dinnertime can be… challenging. You’ve got kids all over the place at activities. You’re exhausted from being up at god knows what hour making sure everyone has what they need to be all the places they have to be, including you. The last thing you feel like doing is cooking dinner but alas, everyone in your house insists on eating every night. Families are funny like that.
Oh, and not to mention you’re trying to stay on track with your weight loss goals. You know that going through the drive through won’t help you get there. (Even though the thought of it is appealing- no cooking, no mess, and no one will complain.)
The last thing you need is the stress if wondering what to feed yourself and your family.
You need an easy solution. Something that takes little thought and effort. Food that will help you stay on track with your goals and feed the family. I’m not talking about boiled chicken and steamed broccoli either. Barf. To stay consistent with your efforts and goals, you want food that tastes good. Don’t you?
The answer is having recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less with little time and effort.
If you need some of these recipes to have in your arsenal, grab my free resource for 30 Minute Meal Recipes For SuperMoms. I put together 10 weight loss coach approved recipes for SuperMoms over 40 trying to lose weight. No more guessing about what to eat, which is half the battle.
Wouldn’t it be nice to stay on track with your goals, feed your family food you can feel good about (because there’s nothing worse than the guilt that comes with the ease of serving fast food), and have food on the table in 30 minutes or less?
My recipe for Easy Salmon Cakes with Honey Mustard is something that can be whipped up in nothing flat. Do yourself a favor and double the salmon cake portion of the recipe. Eat half for dinner and freeze the other half. Voila, you’ve got dinner made for another night.
If the thought of 30 minute or less dinners is appealing to you, grab 10 more recipes to add to your arsenal. My 30 Minute Meal Recipes for SuperMoms will come in handy when you’re stuck on what to make for you and your family that’s also weight loss friendly.
- 3 6 ounce cans wild caught salmon
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Drain the salmon and put into a mixing bowl
- Beat the eggs and add to the salmon
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and stir until combined
- Using a ¼ cup cookie scoop, form mixture into 6 balls
- Flatten each salmon ball into a patty
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes
- To make the honey mustard sauce, combine the mustard and honey in a small bowl
- Stir until combined