The instant pot is my second weapon in the kitchen. If you’re not familiar with the instant pot, it’s an electric pressure cooker. Meals can be cooked in minutes. My favorite feature is that meats can be cooked from frozen. It’s saved my tail on more occasions I can count if I didn’t think and plan ahead enough.
This recipe for creamy salsa chicken is a family favorite. My family likes it because it tastes incredible. I love it for that reason too. What puts it at the top of my favorites list is the simplicity. It’s truly a dump and cook recipe.
Hands off recipes are my jam! This one takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. There’s a good chance you have all the ingredients for the recipe in your fridge, freezer, and pantry right now!
- 3 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups salsa
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- In the instant pot, whisk together the salsa and coconut milk
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, cumin, garlic power, onion powder, salt and cayenne
- Place the chicken sauce in the instant pot
- Sprinkle seasoning on the chicken
- Cook on manual for 11 minutes